Techne group news
- New material at Techné: PTFE CaF2 Calcium Fluoride filled
What are the properties of CaF2 ?
- The chemical resistance: Calcium fluoride is used when glass is not suitable regarding chemical resistance. CaF2 is specifically used in hydrofluoric acid (HF) and Alumina (Al2O3)
- The service temperature: PTFE CaF2 offers excellent resistance to continuous service temperatures - working conditions from -200°C up to +250°C.
- The solvents resistance: PTFE CaF2 offers insoluble properties in all solvents up to temperatures as high as 300°C
- Great dialectric characteristics
Which areas of application ?
- PTFE CaF2 compound offers excellent properties in the chemical processing, in automotive industries, in sealing application and in mechanical applications in general for bushing, sliding pads, piston rings, seals and machined parts.
- Its excellent load und wear behaviour make PTFE CaF2 a good choice for most food bearing applications.
- PTFE CaF2 can replace glass filled PTFE in uses where it comes in contact with chemicals that attack glass, such as hydrofluoric acid and strong alkalis.
- Electrical applications for switches and insulators.
- CaF2 can improve the mechanical properties of compounds destined for high voltage applcations.
- Contact with foodstuff. FDA approved US regulation: Code of Federal regulation 21 CFR section 177.1550 Perfluorocarbon Resins of the food and Drug Administration.