Sealing solutions for the automotive industry
For all automotive applications, Techné has a wide range of high quality compounds that meet the specifications of the major original equipment manufacturers (OEM).
With an ISO TS 16949 certified factory, high performance monitoring tools, and an experienced technical team, Techné has everything to support customer products developments.
Techné designs seals in the key areas of car and trucks. You will find our seals and rubber parts into steering systems, gear boxes, lights, air conditioning, interior comfort, ....
A dedicated team for your OEM projects
With more than 30 years of experience in the automotive sealing, our technical department take your automotive projects from designing to manufacturing.
- Feasibility study: parting line position, tolerancing, material knowledge, ...
Designing from a customer seal specification sheet or from a performance specification sheet
Prototyping: machined prototypes, cut out prototypes, stereolithography, moulding, ...
Inspection: visual inspection, 100% visual inspection, inspection by automatic sorting machine
- REACH and ROHS compliance
The initial samples are the first parts coming out from the mass production tool. They are used for the approval/qualification of the tool and process. These initial samples can be delivered with PPAP.
Depending on the criticity of the parts, a PPAP requirement level (1, 2 or 3) is agreed together with the customer. Techné provides on request, a folder that can contain the following documents:
- Cover page according to VDA
- Dimensional measurements
- Material checking
- Process FMEA
- Production flowchart
- Control plan
- Process capabilities
- List of inspection tool
- R&R (Repeatabilitity & Reproductibility)
- Safety data sheet
- Material data sheet
- IMDS declaration (International Material Data System)
- TPD sheet (Transport Packaging Description)
- Certificate (see above)
- Security plan
- Tool picture
Automotive specific compounds
Main used materials
We develop compounds adpated to the automotive industry requirements. according to the application, we offer specific compounds such as:
- ACM (polyacrylate): Used in the automotive area because of its good oil compatibility (motor oil, gearbox oil, ATF oil).
- AEM ( acrylate – ethylene - methyl): Contrary to ACM, AEM does not resist to ATF oils and gearbox oils. However, it has a good compatibility with standard mineral oils and engine coolant. It also well resists to temperature from -40°C to +150°C.
- NBR (Nitrile): NBR is the most used rubber in the automotive field because of its excellent oil resistance, low price and good mechanical properties. Its weaknesses (ozone resistance, low temperature resistance) can be improved using specific NBRs.
- HNBR (Hydrogenated nitrile): HNBR is used in the automotive to replace NBR when this one reach its limits. Indeed, ozone resistance and low temperature resistance are improved. Moreover, it has a good biodiesel and LPG resistance.
- FKM (Fluoro elastomer): FKM is the automotive base material for high temperatures (up to 250°C). It has a good Ozone/UV resistance. It has also a good compatibility with biodiesel, LPG, fuel and hydrocarbon. It is mainly used to make automotive oil seals.
- Silicone (MVQ) – Fluorosilicone (FMVQ): Silicone can be used into automotive applications with low temperatures (-60°C). Silicone offers a weak resistance to oils and chemical products. Depending on the fluid used, Techné proposes FMVQ (fluorinated silicone) which offers a better resistance.
- EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer): EPDM is mainly used for automotive applications with no contact with oils. It has an excellent Ozone/UV resistance as well as brake liquids with glycol.When it is vulcanised with peroxide, its temperature resistance can go up to 150°C.
=> More informations on elastomers
Clean parts according customers' requirements
We adapt our parts cleanliness level to OEM requirements.
According to their specifications, we offer:
- Filtered compounds
- A large choice of washes (from the simple one to the LABS-free treatment)
- Adapted packagings (antistatic bags, clean room packaging, etc.)
For our most demanding customers, our clean room ISO 8 manufacturing guarantees an optimal cleanliness.
Our partner laboratories can also perform cleanliness tests at your request.
Inspection by automatic sorting machine
Techné performs on customer demand a 100% sorting on revolution parts, for applications with ppm quality levels commitments.
Feasible for parts with a:
- Minimum outside diameter of 5mm
- Maximum outside diameter of 55mm
- Minimum height of 1mm
- Maximum height of 8mm
Easy installation, cleanliness, low friction, identification, customisation, improved service life and sliding properties are just as important as the sealing itself. In these cases, Techné becomes the best partner with its surface treatment:
- T-Surf: Cleanliness, LABS-frei quality
- T-Color: Identification, security and design
- T-Lub: Reduced efforts, automatic mounting, time saving, economic
- T-Coat: Performance, service life, energy saving, dynamic applications
=> Learn more about our surface treatments
- Moulded part
- Part acc. drawing
Contact Form - Automotive